I am a beginning junkie. I always look forward to Mondays, first-day-of-the-months, and new years. I love the idea of restarting, actually doing what I needed to do to reach my goals. But I suppose that just means I am a chronic procrastinator. I love the idea that I will do something better someday.
It’s been one month since 2018 started. I’d say I didn’t do all that bad. I started writing into a diary everyday – something I had never succeeded in doing since I was a kid. I committed to live more – 2017 was wonderful for my career, but not for everything else. And made myself learn new things everyday – I listened to a lot of podcasts last month, and I love it.
But I haven’t started going to the gym everyday, nor have I written in this blog! So here I am, reviewing what happened so far this year and what’s in store for the rest of the year.
My 2018 Bucket List
- 4 months of going to the gym every morning
- Volunteer for a cause
- Visit 3 countries I have never been before
- Visit 3 cities in Indonesia I have never been before
- Write 4 blog posts in a month (ha!)
- Read 10 books
- Started the new year right with my closest ones: Henrik, Mom, Dad, sissy at the fanciest of all the fancies, Mandarin Oriental Jakarta.
- Finished all three Kevin Kwan novels (Crazy Rich Asian series) – although I started this in 2017, but still counts lah.
- Registered myself to a diving lesson with Henrik and two of my colleagues, did 4 dives in Pulau Sepa (Kepulauan Seribu), and got my SSI Open Water Diver certification!
- Spent a weekend with Ory and her friends in Koziyu villas to celebrate her birthday.
- Spent quality time with my family (again!) in Lodges Ekologika at Portibi Farm, Sukabumi, where we ate good food and met new people. Also, I started reading Bumi Manusia by Pramoedya Ananta Toer.
- Met Noran from Lumah Momot, played with 32 CATS! and four dogs.
- Sold my unused clothes in Xbata Garage Sale, got pocket money and new friends!
Not that bad, eh? I had a pretty eventful month behind me. So here’s what I’m looking forward to this year:
- Henrik and I finally got a reservation at Burnt Ends Singapore! The last time we got a reservation, my grandfather passed away. We’re very much looking forward to this.
- A trip to Pakistan. Henrik and I are going to be attending our friend Sara’s wedding in Lahore. Isn’t that exciting? Of course that also means reunions with my undergrad friends Saba and Maheen. So excited for this!
- More travels – so far we are planning: Seattle, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Tioman Island, and maybe Raja Ampat? We’ll see…
- Finally going to the gym everyday. I did it before for a month last year, how come it’s so hard to start again?
- Be happy 🙂
How’s your 2018 so far? Regardless, here’s a toast to February – a new start.